Old 22-08-2012, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default What flower is this ?

On 22/08/2012 13:47, Martin Brown wrote:
On 22/08/2012 10:28, David Hill wrote:
Well it looks as if everyone was stumped by this picture
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../closeup04.jpg
Sacha thought possibly sedum

Possibly. Flower shape is right.
Any chance of a view of the whole plant?

here is a larger view
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../closeup03.jpg
David @ the damp end of Swansea bay.

Wider out one looks more like a hydrangea with central male anthers on
the small central flower cluster surrounded by large sepals.

Again a picture from further back would make it clear.

Regards,
Martin Brown

I know what it is Martin, the idea was to use it as a test, hence the
first 2 pics posted were
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../closeup04.jpg
and
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../closeup01.jpg

The idea was to test people and to show that we don't really look
closely at flowers.
I could of course have posted a large picture with the name but that
would have been pointless.
David @ the showery end of Swansea Bay.