Old 24-08-2012, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Serious weedkiller required

On 23/08/2012 22:42, nigelwright7557 wrote:
I have some plants growing which seem to be hardly affected by weed
killer.
The plant doesnt have leaves but grows voraciously everywhere.

I think you need to describe the plant rather more completely.
Know your enemy to determine how to defeat it effectively.

I have tried Roundup and numerous glyphosate weedkillers but all they
seem to do is slow it down and not kill it.

What does "it" look like.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of these plants ?

Glyphosate is extremely potent. It will kill most green plants on
contact with the exception of very waxy, waxy hairy or silica coated
ones and in my experience for reasons that I cannot fathom buttercup
which suffers a severe growth check but reroots and lives to fight
another day.

*Identify* the weed first and then look for something to kill it.

Regards,
Martin Brown