Old 24-08-2012, 05:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Came across 2 large fat slugs this morning, they were joined head to
head and tail to tail, between them was a large dollop of jelly type
substance. I assumed they were trying to add to the already over
population of slugs in my garden, am I right? anyway a little salt cured
them!
There are a lot of different species of slugs, and it's mainly the small ones that do the damage to living plants. The very large ones are more likely to be eating dead stuff. And some are carnivorous and eat, eg, other slugs.