Old 24-08-2012, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default almost a home made meal

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Three egg omelette (from my own hens) filled with mashed potato dug up
the
day before. A salad of lettuce and radish and cucumber, all grown here
and
a bit of crusty bread.. I spoilt it with beetroot from a jar. I have
tried
to grow beetroot 3 times this year, but it doesn't work for some reason.
Tina

My beetroot faile this year. I've got about six 2" high plants, that
have been that size for the last 2 months!

--

I might try again next year then as yours have failed too IYSWIM. It's my
first year on the new plot so just finding out what will grow well on it but