Old 26-08-2012, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] k.jaritz37@optusnet.com.au is offline

Default Changing Botanical Names

There is a beautiful shy Australian called ‘Sturt Desert Pea’. I just
included it in my ebook, and I try to be accurate when adding
botanical names. Strangely, this one is ‘Clianthus formosus’ in some
books, but ‘Swainsona formosa’ in others. I chose the latter because
it seems a more recent naming. I found that in 1999 yet another
classification was suggested but “…rejected by the scientific
community…”
Question: who exactly determines a plant’s classification?
Thanks for replies – Klaus
www.greetings122.com