Old 26-08-2012, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with lemons

David Hare-Scott wrote:

I have a surplus of lemons. I have made lemon cordial, Moroccan preserved
lemons, lemon marmalade and I have a year's supply frozen lemon juice or
more. There are still 4 milk crates of them left. If refrigerated I might
use half a crate over the next few months before they go rotten. There is
no market for them and there are insufficient takers to give them all away.
Any constructive suggestions?

craigslist free give away. might have
someone willing to come get them if they
know about them. put up a flyer at the
grocers/library/any other public bulletin
board.

fresh made lemonade. we can use a dozen
lemons a day for that alone.

slice them and pack them in sugar.

candied lemon peels are great for cooking.

more lemon cordial (how did you make this?
there must be hundreds of versions). consider
doing variants for cooking sauces later (garlic,
ginger, onion, spiced).

whisky sours.

not sure how to do it but lemon concentrate
for making other lemon things. not frozen, but
canned.

for later use in:

lemon custard, lemon cakes, lemon pies,

dang i'm hungry now...