Old 27-08-2012, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Wood Preserver for New Fence

On 27/08/2012 10:41, Sadge wrote:
Hi, I've just had a new picket fence (3 ft high) installed round part of
my front garden - it's about 25 yds long.

Can anybody give me an idea of how much wood preserver I should buy
please - it is treated wood but I'd like to give it a coat of something
a bit darker.

Thanks.

How long is a piece of string?
Some wood soaks up more than others, dry wood will take up more than
damp. Some preservatives soak in more than others (Cuprinol soaks in well)
Best read the tin of what you are thinking of and work it out from there.