Old 27-08-2012, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default estimating distances

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:07:59 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

I was going to help someone dig up her lawn and put down some weed
suppressant and shingle so they could get out of the car on the
passenger side without walking on the grass all the time.The poor lawn
looks like a steamroller has been over it on the drive edge!

Assuming that it's just to enable egress from the car and the car doesn't
need to shuffle over to make its easier on the otherside as well then
about 3' should do.

Personally I'd not put down a membrane and shingle but that plastic frame
stuff that the grass can grow through.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Land...l/Ground%20Gua
rd/d130/sd3225/p94411

But I'd look to find a cheaper supplier or cheaper alternative...

--
Cheers
Dave.