Old 31-08-2012, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Euphorbia - tired

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 10:08 pm, "Farm1" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

Two Euphorbia in pots on the back porch. Lots of sun, esp. summer.

Have never pruned a Euphobia, but need to learn how pretty quick.
From photo you can see how they are hanging tiredly down.

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view¤...

They get plenty of water.

Are they getting too much sun?

Will check Internet for Euphorbia (can't remember variety; does
anybody know)? but meantime would appreciate any advice.

Looks like a Euphorbia Wulfenii to me.

***Close. As I wrote David above, it's Euphorbia charalas
'Dwarf'' (aka Bruce's Dwarf Euphorbia)

Are you sure it's not got dry spots in the pot? I'd suggest 3 things -
just
cut off the dead bits at the base, repot what's left and strip some of the
flower heads that might have seeds on them and put them in seed raising
mix
to start some new ones.

***Wilco.
______________________________
LOL. Are you always so willing to agree?

HB:I will also cut off some of the heavy leaning-out stems and
try to start new plants from them. I've been fairly good at that in
the past. I see new growth trying to establish itself.

Will also check for flower heads w/seeds.

Glad I posted the q. and got good answers; I've been nervously walking
around those pots thinking I *should* do something...

I know what you mean. I've been ignoring a problem in my garden for months
so I might just go and darned well do it. NOW! (or at least when I finish
my ngs reading)