Old 23-04-2003, 12:32 PM
John Bachman

Default Raspberry compatibility

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:32:48 -0700, "Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A."
wrote:

Looking for another variety to add to my decades-old black raspberry
patch. IIRC, red raspberries are incompatible because of either
virus or fungus susceptibility (shame, since the red types taste
MUCH better). What's a practical choice?

And yes, I *want* thorny varieties, since berries alone do nothing to
deter tresspassers.

I grow two types of black raspberries, Jewel and Haut. Jewel is a
large very tasty berry - my favorite. Haut is early and very profific
but it seems to be getting hard to find. I wanted to put in some more
Haut this year but could not locate them so I went with Jewel.

John