Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Wood Preserver for New Fence

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:03:20 +0000, HBruce
wrote:

Sadge;967610 Wrote:

Can anybody give me an idea of how much wood preserver I should buy
please - it is treated wood but I'd like to give it a coat of something
a bit darker.

Thanks.

Hi Sadge

Its not a dark stain but is a brilliant wood preservative. 'Never Green
- Creosote, Cleaning Supplies, Roof Cleaning, Mould Treatment, Driveway
Cleaning' (http://www.maxnevergreen.com). It's an antimicrobial
continuously killing bacteria and prevents the growth of mould on your
fence so it doesn't turn green.

Worth mentioning that despite the page title on the website, this is
not a creosote product (creosote has been banned by the good ol' EU
from sale to the DIY market since, I think, 2003).

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.