Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Mower update

On 2012-09-08 23:30:45 +0100, "Kathy" said:

Most of you will recall that a month ago I posted complaining that my
mower at the lottie had gone from the shed.

Well, last week my plot partner texted me to say that it was back! She
had arrived to find it parked under some plastic we have put down on an
area we currently don't have under cultivation.

I've not been down the lottie for a couple of weeks due to a chest
infection, but yesterday, despite still wheezing like a leaky set of
bagpipes, I went to pick some raspberries and to have a look at the
mower.

Apart from the fact that the handle has been dismantled, it has come back
in better condition then it went! It has been thoroughly cleaned, the
blades sharpened and repainted! Now I can only think of two reasons for
this. Either I have a gardening Fairy Godmother, or it had been destined
for a boot sale, but all the ranting I, my plot partner and a couple of
friends have been doing prompted a second thought on someone's behalf.

I know which scenario I think is most likely ...

Please - go round the allotments asking everyone to spread your warmest
thanks to your Fairy Gardener friend! It can spread nothing but goodwill
and perhaps a teensy dollop of shame to anyone whose intentions may not
have been entirely honourable. I think you got very, very lucky and
perhaps someone was being truly kind. I hope!

Oh, we shall make sure everyone knows it's back. It will be mentioned at the
Macmillan coffee morning - which I can't go to as I'm working, and also put
it in the field newsletter.