Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Cheaerp plants treatments

On 09/09/2012 18:59, wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 5:09:52 PM UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
Went in to my local Wilkinson today and noticed they have a 50%

reduction offer on several chemical treatments. It includes branded
stuff like Provado. Quite a saving if you want to stock up now for use
next year.

I guess they are making way for the Halloween stuff. Thanks for the
heads up I don't like paying full price for any garden chemicals.

You can save even more by not buying insecticides. Water sprayed upwards under the leaves kills most bugs.

No it doesn't. Largely ineffective. It knocks off a few of the loosely
coupled ones with limited grip or inadequately strong mouthparts.

Scale insects and wooly aphids won't even notice water spray unless you
use a destructive pressure that strips bark and removes all the leaves.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown