Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Mower update

"mogga" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 23:30:45 +0100, "Kathy" wrote:

Most of you will recall that a month ago I posted complaining that my
mower
at the lottie had gone from the shed.

Well, last week my plot partner texted me to say that it was back! She
had
arrived to find it parked under some plastic we have put down on an area
we
currently don't have under cultivation.

I've not been down the lottie for a couple of weeks due to a chest
infection, but yesterday, despite still wheezing like a leaky set of
bagpipes, I went to pick some raspberries and to have a look at the mower.

Apart from the fact that the handle has been dismantled, it has come back
in
better condition then it went! It has been thoroughly cleaned, the blades
sharpened and repainted! Now I can only think of two reasons for this.
Either I have a gardening Fairy Godmother, or it had been destined for a
boot sale, but all the ranting I, my plot partner and a couple of friends
have been doing prompted a second thought on someone's behalf.

I know which scenario I think is most likely ...

Can you lock it down to something in the shed (Cement in a hook to
loop a bike lock through?)

It would have to be a free standing block, as the shed has a wooden floor.
It's only a little shed, and a block heavy enough for them not to run off
with that as well would take up too much space, but thanks for the
suggestion.

--
Kathy