Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 AM
loldeantimber loldeantimber is offline
Registered User

Location: Hoddesdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadback[_2_] View Post
Martin Brown wrote:
Broadback wrote:
My wooden bird table is in a sad state, so I am looking to replace it.
I quite like the look of the poles, however there are so many to
choose from my head is spinning. Anyone with experience who can help
me make a good choice please? TIA

I quite like 15mm copper pipe. Squirrels find metal poles much harder to
climb (though not impossible).

The compression plumbing fittings are an exact match for the underside
of certain bird feeders - and much cheaper than the official poles.

Minor disadvantage is that the feeder doesn't wobble so much on a pole
from underneath so the more agile sparrows can also get peanuts out.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks one and all, food for thought!

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.