Old 23-04-2003, 02:09 PM
David Holdom

Default Clivia help?

Hi,
It depends where you live. Here in Brisbane they thrive outdoors in
shade. My mother had one outdoors in quite a cool location in NZ,
(though in a very sheltered spot and it struggled), so they are quite
adaptable. However, keep it out of direct sun. Don't repot or
transplant until you have to, as they often stop flowering for a year or
two after.

Dave

newbrewser wrote:

Hi,

I was recently given a Clivia. A beautiful plant in bloom. I've been keeping
it in my lounge room where it gets indirect sunlight. It's watered about
once a week.The flowers are now starting to die off.

Question - what do I do with this plant? do I cut off the spike the flowers
were on (as advised by a friend - well meaning but I'm not sure about his
credentials :-)? How much direct sunlight does this plant need? Should I
re-pot it to a bigger pot?

Please note, my green-thumb is from having to bury dead plants! I have
absolutley NO IDEA.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA

Wayne