Old 15-09-2012, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Half of an allotment

Our council have started alloting half allotments an I have taken one after
one phone call requesting one. The tenancy agreement is in the post as of
yesterday.
I looked at this plot this morning and it is 8.5m by 15m and overgrown with
weeds and most in seed. I have sprayed the whole plot with glyphosate.
My question is how to deal with the weed seeds which will grow again?
Should I leave it alone and wait for this weed seed to germinate and
glyphosate again or dig the plot when the present weeds die?

I have inherited some raspberries which still have the labels on and
unreadable, so they must be quite new. Some gooseberries which look like
they were stripped of their foliage.

Very exciting day. Just have to get this weed under control.

Baz