Old 15-09-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Al Shahadie Al Shahadie is offline

Default Choosing lawn grass seed (possibly with mocroclover)...

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

The Grass Seed Store does a lawn seed with Trifolium repens added, see
http://tinyurl.com/8hz65kf, but I have no experience of it or them, so
can't make a specific recommendation. I bought my clover seed from
Victoriana Garden Nursery, http://tinyurl.com/973tgyo, but as I said,
it didn't work very well for me. YMMV.

Thank you for the response, and for the info on clover varieties. That's
useful info. I've read that clover seed needs a reasonably high temperature
to germinate (such as what is typical before mid-September in the UK. I
wonder if your low germination rate was a temperature issue...