Old 20-09-2012, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Mushrooms !

Roy wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:30:04 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:29:56 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs
wrote:

I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a
clearing

on my land in north central Arkansas Stone County . It's about 3"
diameter

and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange
color on top

, white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly
into the

trumpet shape .

I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly
like this

... I'm not going to eat it yet! but would like an idea what it
might be .

I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to
identify it .

We've moved ! Though I'll be "commuting " to Memphis by
motorcycle to

work several days a week , I now call Stone County Arkansas home
.

--

Thanks !

Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Get your WILL up to date before you eat "those" mushrooms??? as you

may not get the chance to do so later.

As a follow-up check this site out.

http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html

Very informative and helpful...might save your life as well.

Thanks for the link , Roy . As far as eating wild mushrooms , I won't be
doing that until I'm *CERTAIN* that they aren't of the poisonous variety .
At the very least I'll show photos of any I find on my own to someone
local qualified to identify them . I'm hoping to hook up with some folks
from the area to gain some experience of what's growing in the area , and
what's edible of the local varieties .
--
Snag
Learning keeps