Old 20-09-2012, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Mushrooms !

I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing
on my land in north central Arkansas Stone County . It's about 3" diameter
and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange color on top
, white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly into the
trumpet shape .
I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly like this
.... I'm not going to eat it yet! but would like an idea what it might be .
I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to identify it .

We've moved ! Though I'll be "commuting " to Memphis by motorcycle to
work several days a week , I now call Stone County Arkansas home .

--
Thanks !
Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Old 20-09-2012, 06:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing
on my land in north central Arkansas Stone County . It's about 3" diameter
and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange color on top
, white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly into the
trumpet shape .
I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly like this
... I'm not going to eat it yet! but would like an idea what it might be .
I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to identify it .

We've moved ! Though I'll be "commuting " to Memphis by motorcycle to
work several days a week , I now call Stone County Arkansas home .

--
Thanks !
Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Find a mycologist to help you (univerity, or club) . If it has pores
instead of gills, it MAY be a boletus, but first know you are right,
then go ahead.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 20-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered User

Smile

in my experience the small nipple shaped ones are the best for recreational purposes and are usually avalilable from late September through till the heavy frosts begin appearing. But be aware that there are many types of mushrooms that look similar, more information can be found from this Hydroponics UK website. Good look with your mushroom efforts
Old 20-09-2012, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:29:56 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing

on my land in north central Arkansas Stone County . It's about 3" diameter

and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange color on top

, white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly into the

trumpet shape .

I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly like this

... I'm not going to eat it yet! but would like an idea what it might be .

I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to identify it .

We've moved ! Though I'll be "commuting " to Memphis by motorcycle to

work several days a week , I now call Stone County Arkansas home .

--

Thanks !

Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Get your WILL up to date before you eat "those" mushrooms??? as you
may not get the chance to do so later.
Old 20-09-2012, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:30:04 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:
[...]

As a follow-up check this site out.

http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html

Very informative and helpful...might save your life as well.

Old 20-09-2012, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

.

--

Thanks !

Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Get your WILL up to date before you eat "those" mushrooms??? as you

may not get the chance to do so later.

As a follow-up check this site out.

http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html

Very informative and helpful...might save your life as well.

Thanks for the link , Roy . As far as eating wild mushrooms , I won't be
doing that until I'm *CERTAIN* that they aren't of the poisonous variety .
At the very least I'll show photos of any I find on my own to someone
local qualified to identify them . I'm hoping to hook up with some folks
from the area to gain some experience of what's growing in the area , and
what's edible of the local varieties .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 23-10-2012, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

*--

[...]

If you are truely interested search for a local group. I know there is
a Missouri Mycological Society.
Old 23-10-2012, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve Peek" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure there's one more local , but right now I have other
priorities - like getting my shop and tools moved up here from Memphis Tn.
Gotta make a livin' ...

--
Snag