Old 21-09-2012, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allotment guide - basic draft 1

"mogga" wrote ((Big Snip))

I've put this together so far - only a very basic draft.
I am worried it's a big list of "DO NOT ..."

If this is a Council owned site then they will have their own list of don'ts
too, do make sure you are not contradicting their rules.
Not all perennial weeds can be safely composted on an allotment, bindweed
roots come to mind, so suggest such is taken to the Council Tip or put in
their own home dustbins.
Sheds are a bane of my life, we had no vandalism or break-ins until new
gardeners all started putting up sheds. They are like a magnet to the
villains and we now get regular visits from them. A small trailer is much
more sensible, often cheaper, and can be used for carting manure too.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.