Old 24-09-2012, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Scary Study - Roundup

In article ,
Roy wrote:

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08:36 AM UTC-6, Billy wrote:
In article ,

Roy wrote:

Tiny doses of a lot of products increase your risk of cancer. Big deal

...sunlight will do the same thing and I'm not staying inside my cave

and not venture forth.

Roundup IS relatively safe from ALL that I have read.

If small amounts increase the chance of cancer in rats then DON'T

FEED IT TO RATS...problem solved.

You obviously have done little reading, which only burnishes your

anti-rationalism and ignorance, which you seem to think is a badge of

honor.

No lifetime feeding studies were done on glypho$ate. None.

We don't know what it can do.

We are the Guinea pigs.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/glyphosatePoisonsCrops.php

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/tx800218n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpad_Pusztai

--

Welcome to the New America.

or

E Pluribus Unum

Green Party Nominee Jill Stein & Running Mate, Cheri Honkala

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/1...l_stein_runnin

You shouldn't through words like "ignorance" around so carelessly.

When you say things like, "If small amounts increase the chance of
cancer in rats then DON'T FEED IT TO RATS...problem solved.", you can
expect to be consigned to a playpen.

Ignorance can be cured, stupidity, can't.

As a farmer, I know what RoundUp does. I have sprayed quack grass with it and
it works well at the recommended rate. Not bad on Canadian
thistle when applied when they are in the rosette stage in August or
early September. When used for its intended purposes it is a great
product. Other activities of Monsanto with breeding of RR resistant
varieties, I question.

The occasional application to an isolated problem, may have merit, but
in wholesale use for weeding crops, you are damaging the topsoil, which
in the long run we will need top grow post industrial crops. Presently,
it takes more than a calorie of fossil fuel energy to produce a calorie
of food; before the advent of chemical fertilizer a farm produced more
than two calories of food energy for every calorie of energy invested.
Interplanting will grow more food than monocultures. For this more labor
intensive agriculture, you need the ecology of topsoil.

--
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/13/green_party_nominee_jill_stein_running