Old 25-09-2012, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Blackcurrant

On 25/09/2012 15:35, wrote:
I picked up a very sickly blackcurrant plant, in rootball format. It sprouted anaemically in storage, most of the sprouts died off, but a few are still viable. There are no buds left on the stems. The leaves on the sprouts are just 2-3mm across. I'm wondering when's best to plant it, its seems very unprepared for life outdoors at the moment. What would you do, overwinter it indoors and put out in spring?

NT

I'm afraid I'd bin it.
Get a good healthy plant and get it into the ground when you get it.