Old 27-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Karen Fletcher

Default Garden planning websites/Etc?????

Mick709 wrote:
: Howdy all!

: I am hoping someone out there can help me - -I get all sorts of gardening
: magazines and love the look of many of the gardens and would love to do
: something that looks a bit more 'professional' than my garden does now. I have
: a plot that I am turning into more garden in the spring and would like
: something thats a little snappier than the other parts of the yard. It doesnt
: have to look like a page from "Home and Garden" but close to that would be
: nice! grin So, any suggestions on websites etc with (hopefully!) free plans
: for gardens WITH actual photographs of what they look like in bloom? Looking at
: a planting plan is one thing but actually seeing what it should look like would
: be a great help to see if its something that would work in my yard.

: Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your best bet is still the old technology -- books. Make a trip to your
public library with a big, sturdy canvas bag (for lugging home of big
books). Or visit your local 'Capitalist Library', i.e. your local
bookstore, and linger over a latte and piles of garden design books.

There are some Web sites that have plans and photos, but it will be hard
to find something that will work for your climate, soil, and site.

Some nurseries have package deals on plants for prefab designs of various
types. Bluestone Perennials [http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/] comes
to mind offhand.

Cheers!

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002