Old 27-09-2012, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default to stir up the pot

Frank said:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...ce-on-gmos-it-

reminds-me-of-the-antivaccine-movement/

Thanks for the link. Science-by-press-release at its
sarcasmfinest/sarcasm.**

quoteThere might be valid reasons to be wary of the proliferation of
GMO-based foods, such as concern over the control that large multinational
corporations like Monsanto might exercise over the food supply, but the
studies purporting to find horrific dangers of GMO-based food strike me as
having the methodological rigor of a typical Andrew Wakefield or Mark Geier
study. Perhaps that’s why I wasn’t too surprised when one of my readers
pointed out that one of the authors of the study is also a homeopath and
acupuncturist; so maybe the better comparison to make to this paper would
be papers by homeopaths trying to show that homeopathy works. Either
way, this is bad, bad science, and it’s sad to see how many people who
should know better (but apparently do not) lap it up so credulously while
applying much greater skepticism to science that doesn’t damn GMOs as pure
poison./quote

Yes, it's deja-vu all over again, the comparison to anti-vaxxers rings true and
the homeopathy connection is just icing on the cake.

**the online world needs a sarcasm font

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."