Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Name That Daylily

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 16:37:11 +1000, "Farm1"
wrote:

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 9/30/12 9:05 PM, Farm1 wrote:
"David E. Ross" wrote in message
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at
http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

Would it have one? If I had that in my garden, I wouldn't consider it to
be
in any way special and it's just get called 'the yellow day lily'.

There are many varieties of daylilies. I also have another evergreen
daylily that is mostly maroon, and one that goes dormant (and
disappears) in the winter. It's easier to describe one if I have the
name.

I thought you just gave a pretty good description: The yellow one, The
maroon one, The disappearing one. Many of the day lily names are more of a
gobb full to repeat than just those few words and, if you and your family
and other garden users know what you mean, would it really matter all that
much if it's not the 'right name'?

Why don't yoose say you don't know, or better say nothing instead of
displaying your ignoranusness. Don't yoose ****ants recognize Urine
Yellow?