Old 30-09-2012, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Name That Daylily

I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

Would it have one? If I had that in my garden, I wouldn't consider it to be
in any way special and it's just get called 'the yellow day lily'.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/30/12 9:05 PM, Farm1 wrote:
"David E. Ross" wrote in message
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

Would it have one? If I had that in my garden, I wouldn't consider it to be
in any way special and it's just get called 'the yellow day lily'.

There are many varieties of daylilies. I also have another evergreen
daylily that is mostly maroon, and one that goes dormant (and
disappears) in the winter. It's easier to describe one if I have the
name.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/30/12 9:05 PM, Farm1 wrote:
"David E. Ross" wrote in message
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at
http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

Would it have one? If I had that in my garden, I wouldn't consider it to
be
in any way special and it's just get called 'the yellow day lily'.

There are many varieties of daylilies. I also have another evergreen
daylily that is mostly maroon, and one that goes dormant (and
disappears) in the winter. It's easier to describe one if I have the
name.

I thought you just gave a pretty good description: The yellow one, The
maroon one, The disappearing one. Many of the day lily names are more of a
gobb full to repeat than just those few words and, if you and your family
and other garden users know what you mean, would it really matter all that
much if it's not the 'right name'?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/30/12 9:05 PM, Farm1 wrote:
[...]

Why don't yoose say you don't know, or better say nothing instead of
displaying your ignoranusness. Don't yoose ****ants recognize Urine
Yellow?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/30/12 9:05 PM, Farm1 wrote:
[...]

If your urine is that colour then you are even sicker than some of us had
already thought you were.

And we both have said we don't know what the name is. Even you should have
been able to figure that out.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 30, 12:08*pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. *However, I do not know
what variety they are. *Does anyone else know this variety? *Photos and
descriptions are at http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html..

--
David E. Ross
Climate: *California Mediterranean, see

One possibility: Stella De Oro.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

mleblanca said:

On Sep 30, 12:08*pm, "David E. Ross"

wrote:
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. *However, I do not know
what variety they are. *Does anyone else know this variety? *Photos
and descriptions are at

http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

One possibility: Stella De Oro.

That's what I think, too. Color, reblooming, height, and persistant foliage
are all consistant with that cultivar.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 16-10-2012, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Name That Daylily -- 2nd Round

On 9/30/12 12:07 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
I have several daylilies that I really enjoy. However, I do not know
what variety they are. Does anyone else know this variety? Photos and
descriptions are at http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html.

The first daylily has been identified as 'Stella de Oro'. Now I have
another one to identify. I have updated my
http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html. It's the second
one on that page.

Old 16-10-2012, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

David E. Ross said:

The first daylily has been identified as 'Stella de Oro'. Now I have
another one to identify. I have updated my
http://www.rossde.com/garden/name_that_daylily.html. It's the
second one on that page.

That looks a lot like one I have that (I think) is named 'Autumn Red.'

Rather 'old fashioned' in shape compared to the huge ruffled and recurved
types that seem to have become popular these days.