Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Follow up- tubular squirrel trap

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
I posted here some time ago that I had purchased the above and would
report on its efficiency or not.
Well I find it very effective. I have caught 4 squirrels in the last 5
days, now that the birds are feeding again and the squirrels are around
stealing the nuts.
You have to make sure that it is supplied with nuts, I leave a mouse trap
near either end, as they tend to get at the bait. In addition I find I
need to re-bait fairly early in the morning before the squirrels tun up.
Also on one occasion the trap did not kill the squirrel outright, as it
should.
However overall I find it well worth the investment and better than any
other trap I have tried.

What did you do with the squirrel that was not killed outright in the
trap? Was it injured?
I'm not a squirrel fan but a trap needs to kill instantly IMO.

Please direct your reply to the group rather than private mailing me, as we
can all learn from this.