Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Follow up- tubular squirrel trap

On Sep 29, 10:04*pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

I posted here some time ago that I had purchased the above and would report
on its efficiency or not.
Well I find it very effective. I have caught 4 squirrels in the last 5
days, now that the birds are feeding again and the squirrels are around
stealing the nuts.

What do you do with the trapped squirrels? *Presumably one of
1. *Kill them (drowning seems simplest).
2. *Dump them near or far for someone else to cope with.
3. *Deliver them to some animal protection organization.

(Yes, lots of American squirrels hereabouts: *but the gardener's
worst enemy is deer, big animals too, 100 pounds or more.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Technically in the UK drowning is illegal.

Jonathan