Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Disguising plastic pots

On 07/10/2012 12:30, wrote:
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:27:28 AM UTC+1, stuart noble wrote:
Like a lot of people I can't afford glazed tubs in the larger sizes, so

I'd like to try and disguise the black plastic variety. I've scoured the

web, so I know about burlap etc, but I wondered if anyone here had come

up with a novel method. I was thinking maybe Poundshop roller beach mats

and twine?

Another option I've seen: some sort of sand/cement mix, stones or shells pressed into it
And another: planters made from durable woods

NT

Rendering on to curved plastic has never worked for me, not even with a
mesh to aid adhesion