Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
I acquired a greenhouse last year and now want to erect it very close to a
West facing fence. Took me months to find glaizing clips for it.
I will struggle to find a better place in the garden because of the way the
garden is set out, well it's complicated, so I was wondering if this is
going to be OK or scrap the idea.
Any advice will be welcome.
Most of the useful light will come in through the roof, so if that's the best place in the garden for it, then go for it.

make sure there's enough space between the greenhouse and the fence for you not to need to dismantle the fence every time that side if the greenhouse needs some attention.

If it's very close the the fence, the side of the greenhouse nearest the fence won't get much light in. Consider lining it with something that is a good heat insulator. Then have the plants on that side on staging, and you can use the space under for storage, for seeds that haven't yet germinated, bulbs that are dormant, etc.