Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Where to site a greenhouse?

"Baz" wrote

I acquired a greenhouse last year and now want to erect it very close to a
West facing fence. Took me months to find glaizing clips for it.
I will struggle to find a better place in the garden because of the way the
garden is set out, well it's complicated, so I was wondering if this is
going to be OK or scrap the idea.
Any advice will be welcome.

From what I have seen here make sure that a neighbour cannot plant something
or build something to take your light.
One of my neighbours, before he retired, reconfigured his garden for his
retirement and placed his two large greenhouses against a fence on the
southern side. Unfortunately new neighbours moved in on that side and
planted a Leylandii hedge and just let it grow, and grow, and grow. He can
now only use his Greenhouses for storage, they are too dark for anything he
wants to grow.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.