Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Where to site a greenhouse?

kay wrote in news:kay.ae8ef97
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

'Baz[_3_ Wrote:
;970468']I acquired a greenhouse last year and now want to erect it very
close to a
West facing fence. Took me months to find glaizing clips for it.
I will struggle to find a better place in the garden because of the way
the
garden is set out, well it's complicated, so I was wondering if this is

going to be OK or scrap the idea.
Any advice will be welcome.

Most of the useful light will come in through the roof, so if that's the
best place in the garden for it, then go for it.

make sure there's enough space between the greenhouse and the fence for
you not to need to dismantle the fence every time that side if the
greenhouse needs some attention.

If it's very close the the fence, the side of the greenhouse nearest the
fence won't get much light in. Consider lining it with something that is
a good heat insulator. Then have the plants on that side on staging, and
you can use the space under for storage, for seeds that haven't yet
germinated, bulbs that are dormant, etc.

Thankyou, kay
Some good ideas there.
I can squeeze a gap of about 600mm between greenhouse and fance, thats all.
Serves me right forgetting about the greenhouse in my newly laid out
garden! Never had one before and I am looking forward to it.

Baz