Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Where to site a greenhouse?

On 08/10/2012 12:57, Baz wrote:
I acquired a greenhouse last year and now want to erect it very close to a
West facing fence. Took me months to find glaizing clips for it.
I will struggle to find a better place in the garden because of the way the
garden is set out, well it's complicated, so I was wondering if this is
going to be OK or scrap the idea.
Any advice will be welcome.

Thanks
Baz

Strange that there has been no mention of setting the greenhouse East
west or North South.
East West gives you maximum sun at midday which is good during the
Winter months, but can be extra hot in Summer.
North South gives Max of Morning and evening sunshine, though the fence
will shade the Morning sun.