Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Where to site a greenhouse?

"Baz" wrote

kay wrote
'Baz Wrote:

Thankyou, kay
Some good ideas there.
I can squeeze a gap of about 600mm between greenhouse and fance, thats
all.
Serves me right forgetting about the greenhouse in my newly laid out
garden! Never had one before and I am looking forward to it.

Baz

600mm should be OK. I've just repainted my father's garage fascia boards
from a gap of 300mm between garage and greenhouse. Mind, I'm fairly
slender! And 300mm doesn't allow one to bend down.

What are you planning to use the greenhouse for?

600mm gap is just OK for me to be able to work quite freely. I can just
squeeze into 300mm, so that's no good for me.
Main use is for tomatoes next spring and growing on in the greenhouse.
Cucumbers too. But also for sowing brassicas, sweetcorn and others before
planting out, again next spring.
If you have any tips for me I will be happy to try. This is my first
greenhouse so obviously will need all the help I can get.
I was wondering if there are any veg I could have a go at sowing now, or
perhaps a bit later. Or wait 'till Spring or anytime in between.
As Dellboy would say "The world is my lobster"

Try some of the Chinese cabbages, they grow quickly.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.