Old 17-10-2012, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default New to this gardening business

In article ,
NewShmoo wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm new to gardening and need loads of guidance.

So, I wheedled a bit of dads garden for myself to grow veg, at the
moment it's 10'x10' doesn't get maximum sun all day (loses the sun late
afternoons about 4-5) with a tree stump in the middle (apple I think)

The first job is to get rid of the stump.

What should my second job be?

Preparing your garden soil for spring. 25/1, mulch/manure. Dig it in, or
not. Digging it in will speed up the development of the soil. Keep
gardening beds covered in mulch. Maybe read about cold frames, and hoop
houses.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or