Old 18-10-2012, 11:16 AM
elenitsa elenitsa is offline
Registered User

Post privet hedge

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?