Old 18-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered User

Post privet hedge

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?
Old 18-10-2012, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default privet hedge

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:16:49 +0000, elenitsa
wrote:

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall
because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the
plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new
growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to
grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow
properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants
were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser
were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?

A bear root hedge needs lots of honey.
Old 18-10-2012, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall
because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the
plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new
growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to
grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow
properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants
were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser
were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?

A bear root hedge needs lots of honey.

I hope she meant bare-root g.
Old 19-10-2012, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall
because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the
plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new
growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to
grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow
properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants
were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser
were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?

A bear root hedge needs lots of honey.

I hope she meant bare-root g.

Probably meant rootbeer.

[IMG] code is On

Good company for a privet hedge? PJ United Kingdom 2 11-08-2003 11:32 AM
A Privet Hedge Question Willy Skass Lawns 2 11-06-2003 07:20 AM
Kickstarting new privet hedge Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A. Gardening 0 15-04-2003 05:44 AM
Privet Hedge IBM United Kingdom 6 07-03-2003 08:55 AM
Privet hedge and camoflauge Micko United Kingdom 3 22-10-2002 08:19 AM