Old 18-10-2012, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default privet hedge

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:16:49 +0000, elenitsa
wrote:

Last March we planted a new bear root privet hedge bought 90cm tall
because we need it to provide screening fast. Only very few of the
plants produced leaves on the existing growth.Most of them shot new
growth from the roots, which now is only 30cm high. I need this hedge to
grow as fast as possible. I don't know why the plants didn't grow
properly and whether it is worth re-planting a new hedge. The plants
were not deep planted and the depth of planting, the soil and fertiliser
were identical. Any suggestions? any similar experiences?

A bear root hedge needs lots of honey.