Old 20-10-2012, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Is this it for the year?

Sitting here listening to the rain.
The ground is waterlogged and has been for some time.
We were planning to do some digging on the allotment starting in a few weeks
time but the whole place will be unworkable at this level of water.

So is this it as far as digging beds is concerned or will there be a chance
later in the year?
I just can't work out if there will be enough daylight on sunny days to dry
out the soil once the ground has reached this state.
Once frosts start I think that the water just stays there.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder