Old 23-10-2012, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Tomatoes

Roger Tonkin wrote in
:

Hi,
A couple of questions.

1) I've noticed that a fair few of my tomatoes are falling from
the plants before they are ripe, rotting at the stalk end (not the
blossom end). Any idea of the cause(s)?

I think it's frost damage. A light frost gets mine every year in the same
way.

2) We hear about ripening tomatoes with a banana, but is it a
whole banana, the fruit or the skin? Is it just near by, wrapped
up or even in the fridge?

I find that green tomatoes ripen in the dark without anything. I have done
both at the same time, banana and no banana. Both the same.

Many Thanks

Baz