Old 26-10-2012, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Basket Fern-6665-(Drynaria rigidula)

In article , joevan
writes
On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 06:27:21 +1000, "Maroochy"
wrote:

Garrapata wrote:
As an aside, I live in a valley and on one of the roads out of the
valley, up a steep climbing road, high on some rocks on the cliff
side, there is a huge basket fern growing, I've never seen one so
big, it must be a good 2 metres across.

Is a photo possible?

A bit difficult, the road has no where to pull over, a drop down into the
valley on one side and a rock cliff on the other.

Sounds exciting, maybe a sure footed mule would surfice to get one
there.

I'd rope down from the top, choosing a line to one side of the fern so
as to get a range of angles on the way down.
--
Sue ]