Old 28-10-2012, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

"Ophelia" wrote in message

wrote in message
David in Normandy wrote:
I wondered because it is gardening, but perhaps not for this group.
My French neighbour rears rabbits for his table. He gave us a skinned
one once, can't say we were keen; the meat tasted quite strong.

A friend used to raise rabbits for food. He said after eating the first
they almost gave up because it was terrible and bland. Then they
realised
they had to leave it to mature for a while, and he is now a huge fan of
it.

D shoots the ones we get. I usually cook them (fresh) in a cream and
mushroom sauce No complaints around here

Mum used to make rabbit stew and mostly at harvest time when people went out
rabbiting. If Mum or Dad found a kidney in their portion, they gave it to
me as I thought them a great delicacy, even as a toddler.
Graham