Old 29-10-2012, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Color paint to repel insects.

Peter Jason wrote:
Some yellow lights are supposed to repel
mosquitoes etc.

I don't think that is right. The way I think it goes is that many insects'
eyesight works best in the blue and ultrviolet region of the spectrum and so
yellow light is invisible (or less visible) so they are not attracted at
night to a yellow light as much as a white one. Nothing about repelling
them.

Is there a color that will repel or dissuade
insect pests? I'm thinking of painting stakes or
trellises any suitable color.

I think this is mission impossible.

David