Old 31-10-2012, 11:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_4_] Maroochy[_4_] is offline

Default winter apples

Willi wrote:
Am 30.10.2012 05:52, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
... particularly 'Elstar' in this case, covered with the first
Central European snow.

Neat shot, are the apples still edible?

I tasted 2 of them today. They are still good and taste fine. (Well,
it were only the first signs of winter and not the Ice Age.) It has
been warm today and the other apples remain still on the tree.
I grafted the 'tree' myself. It is in a pot and only about 4 feet
tall. The branch with the apples is sort of the main trunk actually.
Of course I had to lean it against another plant in summer, because
it bore 7 apples this year to my surprise.

Well done!