Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default New "friends" and such

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:04:42 GMT, Baz wrote:

My rotavator has caused a few laughs when we get it off the trailer, quite
rightly so. It's an old bit of kit. Ancient when compared with modern
machines. The thing is that this ancient monster will cover 2'(600mm) in
one pass. Yes 2 feet.

Baz

That is some beast and must be fairly powerful to turn a head that
wide. I hope someone borrowing it doesn't come across stony ground.
There was an old, fairly ancient, stone footpath running under the
garden here which, over time, I've dug out. Neighbours were having a
new lawn laid and I didn't think to mention it to them. The
contractor's apprentice was using a normal sized petrol rotovator on
the ground. Hit the path and the machine jumped into the air and flew
a few feet with him hanging on and almost screaming with fright!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.