Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Weather or not

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:39:59 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

So as I sit here listening to the latest hail storm beating against the
window and wondering how I'll ever get my dahlias lifted, I take another
swig from my mug of tea (Yes tea) and hope that the next few weeks will
improve and bring a better end to this year.

It seems only yesterday that you were complaining that the ground was
too wet to get your dahlias planted and now you are worrying about
getting them lifted.

I need to lift and tidy and still have plants in pots to plant
(they're going into the greenhouse in the hope they'll survive till
spring) but the ground is so saturated that I dare not tread on it.
It'll take a lot of dry weather for it to drain sufficiently to allow
me to do what I would normally have finished doing by now.

But, like you, I'll be positive about next year. Then the year after
I'll concrete over the lot

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.