Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Weather or not

"David Hill" wrote in message
As we draw to the end of what must be the worst year for abnormal weather
I have to ask can 2013 be any worse.
Yes! I know that that The Government, industry, the people with big money
etc. are all plotting to end the world as we know it, or so some nuts
would have us believe.
Still for the rest of us trying to cope with what we have, the annual task
of trying to grow our chosen range of plants we like despite everything
that Mother Nature throws at us keeps on being a never ending challenge.
The time when we put up our feet with a cup or glass of something warming
and browse the catalogues for the coming year is drawing closer by the
day. We will look at all the pictures and descriptions and wish we could
get results like that, Well just possibly next year we will. the sun will
shine when it should, rain will fall when it's needed and all will be
right with the world.
Next year we will still try to grow our best what ever is chucked at us,
we may moan and groan but that's what we do because we are gardeners.
We may stodge through the mud or haul cans of water but we get plants to
grow and we enjoy them.
So as I sit here listening to the latest hail storm beating against the
window and wondering how I'll ever get my dahlias lifted, I take another
swig from my mug of tea (Yes tea) and hope that the next few weeks will
improve and bring a better end to this year.
Looking around the place yesterday I saw a Bird cherry with flowers, also
Weigela. Senecio Greyii (as was),Honeysuckle, a climbing rose, fuchsia all
in flower, most of my tree dahlias still flowering well with a lot more to
come, despite the lousy weather.
So there is still hope.
So lets just say "To hell with this year" and come on 2013 give it to us.
David @ the wintry end of Swansea bay

I nominate YOU as the weather god for 2013!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/