Old 03-11-2012, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Weather or not

On 03/11/2012 21:31, Bill Grey wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
Still for the rest of us trying to cope with what we have, the annual task
of trying to grow our chosen range of plants we like despite everything
that Mother Nature throws at us keeps on being a never ending challenge.
David @ the wintry end of Swansea bay

Well David, in an attempt to vevitalise a small border, I gave up on
waiting for some decent weather and have just planted Rosmary, Choysia, two
hebes and a Heucera oh yes and some Michaelmas Daisies.

I have no idea if I've done the right thing - they look OK now, I wonder if
they will look OK next year?

Ignorance is really bliss here in the Swansea Valley :-)

BTW I've not been able to do anything in the garden this year and Mother
Nature has really had a field day

Bill

That sounds like my grass (I wont say lawn) I started cutting when it
was dry enough at the start of August then the cutter bar had a bolt
snap after less than 15 mins of cutting, it took 3 weeks for them to get
a new bolt and fix, by then we were back to rain.
still it will be there next year.
David On the estuary side of the mountain.