Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Foragers Hedgerow Mix

On 04/11/2012 09:46, wrote:
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:34:26 AM UTC, Bertie Doe wrote:

2 years ago I bought 25 bareroot Elderberry bushes, gold-leaf
variety. They're doing great on the allotment, hopefully some
fruit in '13. I'd be tempted to get a Foragers Mix if my allotment
was on the border with the adjoining farm, but sadly not. I have no
fiscal interest with Hedge nursery but I thought I'd share this
link. They also do an Intruder-proof hedge at 47p +vat per plant.
http://www.hedgenursery.co.uk/produc... 04%2F11%2F12

But why pay? Go to your local bit of wild ground, pick twigs &
berries to stick in the ground. I'd forget the pears, and include a
few more.

NT

As with any plant, I guess what you're buying is x years of proven
growth. Most, but not all, of my cuttings die, and often they take a
year to do that.